MAG-ic Probe Combo Deal - MAG-ic Probe BLE Thickness Caliper plus MAG-ic Probe PRO Software for Windows
MAG-ic Probe BLE for use with Computers or Smartphones!
This Package Deal includes MAG-ic Probe BLE AND MAG-ic Probe PRO Software for Windows - a $464 value for ONLY $399
MAG-ic Probe is an Electronic thickness gauge capable of accurately measuring the thickness of any non-ferromagnetic materials. The primary design is geared toward the Luthier industry. Luthiers create custom wooden musical instruments of all types using great skill and craftsmanship. These instruments range from guitars, mandolins, violins, bass and ukelele and most of them rely on specific thicknesses of the wooden plates that make up the top, sides and back of the instrument. Luthiers use their skill an experience to produce a certain voice or tone from these wooden plates. The MAG-ic probe is designed to assist in measuring these critical thicknesses when other tools do not work or are just too cumbersome. MAG-ic Probe provides an easy and affordable tool that can measure the thickness of large plates and is especially useful for measuring thicknesses on fully assembled instruments. Luthiers also find useful information in measuring thicknesses of vintage or classic instruments. MAG-ic Probe uses magnetism to penetrate the material to be measured. A probe is applied to one surface of the plate and a ball is applied to the opposite side. These attract each other and the MAG-ic Probe tool will measure and display the thickness in both mils (1/1000th inch) and millimeters (mm)
MAG-ic Probe may be used to measure the thickness of any non-ferromagnetic material up to 15mm. This includes Plastics, Aluminum, Copper and composite sheet materials.
NEW!!.....MAG-ic Probe BLE Delivery varies but can be around 10 days.
MAG-ic Probe BLE is a total re-design and is our smallest version yet but still retains the same probe mechanics and trusted operation.
Some of the New features offered by MAG-ic Probe BLE are....
- All-in-One design with all electronics inside the handheld probe.
- Powered by USB cable to a computer or a USB Battery Pack for mobile use.
- Uses MAG-ic Probe Companion Software to display measurements on a computer.
- 16-bit A/D converter for added resolution.
- Smartphone App for measurement display via Bluetooth LE when mobile and no computer is available.
- Lower power consumption.
- Simplified magnet options.
- The MAG-ic Probe BLE comes with -
- 2 magnets, a 1/2" ball for guitars, plates or any object where access is not restricted and a 1/4" (6.35mm) cylinder magnet which should fit into most f-holes of violins and mandolins.
- The BLE Probe measuring 2.3" x 0.85" (60mm x 22mm).
- a USB Cable for Attaching to your computer.
- a Handy padded storage box.
- Free Downloadable Software - MAG-ic Probe Lite Software allows you to upload a picture of the instrument or object you are measuring on your computer and record each measurement you make to that picture (See Software section for details). You must add the free software to your cart to be able to download it.
- INCLUDES -the MAG-ic Probe PRO Software which will allow you to transform your completed measurements into a full-color contour map to instantly visualize your thickness planes. (See Software section for details and videos.)
- Note: We no longer supply USB Batteries with the device. The shipping liabilities for batteries have become an issue. You can use any standard USB battery pack as long as it provides a constant 5Vdc power, which most of them do.
MAG-ic Probe BLE can also send the measurements to an IOS or Android Smartphone or Tablet. See the links below for the Simblee for Mobile APP.
ALERT!! - We have had reports that an update to Android 7 results in the Simblee APP not working anymore. If you are an ANDROID user and wish to continue using MAG-ic Probe on your smartphone we avise that you avoid the update to ANDROID 7.0 until there is an update available for the Simblee APP
(Requires a mobile device with Bluetooth Smart (4.0) capability)
DELIVERY- Please note that delivery can be up to 10 days depending on current schedule and order demand.
Below pictures and videos may show previous versions of MAG-ic Probe being used. The operation principle and Software remains the same.